| Nearly 400 attend 2005 Summer Reunion
The 2005 Summer Reunion, sponsored by the Alumni Relations Office, was well attended by approximately 400 alumni from graduating classes as early as 1940.
Summer Reunion 2005
Shared memories carried a sense of familiarity as alumni happily recalled long-forgotten ventures. The “Share Your Oral History” session stirred up long recollections as alumni related entertaining anecdotes of their college days. Loring Vance Jr. recalled one memory pertaining to a model T Ford and how public safety once enforced the no-car policy by removing the wheels during the school year. Johnny Skeese remembered a spring break trip to Mexico and long lost friends. Other alumni recalled the duration of the stay of the V-12 group and the interesting times they had all shared.
The program also included an exhibit by Billy Edd Wheeler, an artist whose work proved to be both interesting and charitable as fifty percent of the profits were gifted to the Berea Fund.
A highlight of the reunion included a ceremony at Danforth chapel where couples were encouraged to renew their wedding vows. After the ceremony, all reunion participants were invited to attend a picnic on the Quad which included live music from the 40’s-70’s. For those who neede more time to reminisce, private get-togethers allowed for alumni to meet in an informal setting.
The Reunion breakfast for the class of ’55 was hosted by President and Mrs. Shinn in recognition of the fiftieth anniversary alumni who were honored by an induction into the Charles T. Morgan Society. Later, alumni were encouraged to tour campus, many of which were impressed by the modernizations that had been made while still preserving the ideals of simplicity. A worship service led by the Reverend Delmas Hare concluded the reunion program.