The application process and funding is administered by the Discovery Fund Committee, which meets on the first and third Thursdays of the month. Applicants will receive e-mail notification of approval/denial of their request. You may contact Becky Grandgeorge, Administrative Support for the Discovery Committee, with any questions or comments: (859) 985-3656 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faculty/staff may apply for a grant from the Discovery Fund on behalf of a student group by completing a Group Application form. Funds are intended to supplement expenses related to an enriching off-campus educational experiences within the United States, and are not intended to not cover full costs. If there are departmental funds designated for a specified purpose, such as field trips, those restricted funds should be sought/used before general funds, such as the Discovery fund.
- Group Application forms should be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com as early as possible prior to travel. Applications submitted less than three weeks prior to travel run some risk of not being processed in time.
- A tentative list of participating students and their Banner ID numbers should be attached to the group application.
- After the event, a finalized list of student names and B#’s for those who actually attended should be submitted. Funding is awarded based on the number of students who actually attended the event.
- Funds are credited through a journal transfer to the departmental account after the event, since last minute changes in participation often take place.
- Receipts are required at the department level in accordance with standard College policies for purchases, but they do not have to be submitted to the Discovery Committee.